Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Organizing Crazy Lady

The past month was sort of a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of month, especially when it came to our menu. I think that's how January usually is for me, though. There's usually not much going on, the weather outside is so cold, and it's the beginning of a fresh, new year, so I get the urge to ORGANIZE! Oh, I just love to organize... it really makes me happy. Okay, most people probably think I'm weird, but that's just how it is.

I go from project to project... cleaning out files, cupboards, drawers... restoring everything to order again... then dinner time comes around and oops, oh yeah, dinner! It's the last thing I want to think about when I'm organizing stuff. I really have to pull myself away from whatever I'm doing to make dinner. So the past month, I didn't do much menu planning or baking days like I normally do.

I think part of it, too, is that I spend so much time in the kitchen during November and December (which is one of my favorite things to do during those months) that come January, the kitchen is the last place I want to be.... unless I'm, say, organizing the pantry or something... which is what I did today!

Today was actually a very productive day in the kitchen.

Here's all the stuff I got done:

-planned my menu for the month of February
-wrote up my grocery lists for each week of Feb (with more to be added later)
-reorganized the pantry
-refilled all the flour, sugar & spice containers, etc
-and planned out my baking day, which will probably be on Wednesday this week (I'll fill you in on my plans for that soon).

I have to say it feels good to be caught up on all of that... to know exactly what food I have on hand, what I still need to buy, what we'll be eating this month, and to have everything coordinated. And it was so nice... I didn't even have to think about dinner tonight because we were invited over to our friends' home for dinner! Yay!

1 comment:

mommyto3duckies said...

Hey if you get your house all ship-shape, you can teach me how to do mine :) I love all those isles and isles of storage containers at Bed,Bath and Beyond and stores like that, but getting started...that's another story :)
((hugs))
Jasmine

Related Posts with Thumbnails