Sunday, January 25, 2009

Scrapbooking With My Son

Posted by Picasa
We've decided to take a little break from our normal homeschool curriculum... at least for now. Instead, my oldest son, Joshua, who is almost eight, and I are SCRAPBOOKING together!! It's something I've been wanting to do with him for a long time, but have always put off.

We scrapbooked a little bit together when he was younger, but it's been at least a couple of years since then. I figure if I don't take the time to do this with him now, he will get to the point where he's not interested in it anymore, and I will miss out on that chance.

I used to scrapbook a LOT. And I used to go scrapbook SHOPPING even more. Which means I have boxes and boxes of scrapbooking stuff that I have never used, and I am very behind in my scrapbooks. So a week ago, I pulled all that stuff out and I've been enjoying getting back into it. And it's neat to see my son enjoying a hobby that I love so much!

One of the days last week, I had been scrapbooking with him, but then I had to go do some errands. So I left the boys home with Dad, and he continued to sit there scrapbooking for the 2 1/2 hours I was gone! So yeah, he's really into it, and he's pretty good at it, too. He's actually getting more pages done than ME (and he thinks that's REALLY cool)!

2 comments:

Rebeca said...

How fun- for both of you!

mommyto3duckies said...

That's so great! I love to scrap too. ~Jasmine

Related Posts with Thumbnails