Monday, February 9, 2009

Mexican Beef Skillet

Posted by Picasa


This is a quick and easy recipe that my family enjoys. I found it in a magazine, and I've been making it for several years.

Ingredients:
6 oz macaroni, uncooked
1 pound ground beef
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
8 oz picante sauce, or salsa
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup sliced olives
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shredded cheese
corn chips
sour cream
sliced green onions
mexican seasoning (optional)

Directions:
Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain. In large skillet, combine beef, bell pepper, onion & garlic. Cook until beef is browned and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in tomatoes, picante sauce, corn, olives, and salt. I have the Mexican Ole' seasoning from Megan's Pantry that I like to add in to spice it up. Or, you could use chili powder, etc. Add macaroni; mix well. Heat thoroughly. Stir in cheese. Serve with corn chips, sour cream, green onions, and more cheese, if desired. Makes 4-6 servings. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I am so glad you posted this. It looks good and I needed another easy mexican dish. Can't waite to try it.

french kissing in the U.S.A. said...

That sounds really good!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails