Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole


I made this recipe last weekend and it was a change of pace from the usual soups and stews I tend to normally make in the slow cooker.
Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp oil
10-oz can enchilada sauce
8-oz can tomato sauce
salt to taste
pepper to taste
6 corn tortillas
3 boneless chicken-breast halves, cooked & cubed
15-oz can beans (I used black beans)
15-oz can corn (I used frozen)
1/2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
2 1/4-oz can sliced black olives, drained

Directions:
  • Saute onion and garlic in oil in saucepan. Stir in enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper.

  • Place two tortillas in bottom of slow cooker. Layer one-third of each: chicken, sauce mixture, beans, corn, cheese, and olives. Repeat layers 2 more times.

  • Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

3 comments:

mommyto3duckies said...

This sounds really yummy, I'm going to try it out!

jskell911 said...

That sounds great! Thanks for sharing it

BTW, I gave you a blog award. You can pick it up here

http://frugalityinthemaking.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-first-blog-award.html

FrugalQponMom said...

We are having this for dinner tonight and I am going to share your recipe on my blog! Sounds yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails