Monday, May 11, 2009

What A Month!

This blog is way overdue in being updated, so this week I will attempt at catching you up on this past month. First of all... WE'RE PREGNANT!! We found out about a month ago. I'm about 12 weeks along now and due in November!

We were very surprised, considering how long it took to get pregnant last time (my boys are seven years apart). So with that combined with our ages, my irregular cycles, and the fact that I have endometriosis (can make it harder to get pregnant sometimes), we decided to let God be in control of our family planning this time. No more birth control for us.

We are super excited to have another baby join our family and it will be especially fun to have them closer together. The younger two will be about 16 months apart (my baby is 10 months old now). So... here I am still breastfeeding (planning to wean at one year) and growing a baby as well. Instead of eating for two, I'm actually eating for three! My doctor says that is fine as long as I'm getting enough calcium and other nutrients.

So this past month, I've been really trying to focus on eating enough and taking care of myself, while trying to keep up with all the regular stuff I have to do. I've had little time for much else. I was really tired for a few weeks, which makes everything hard, but I'm back up to speed now (mostly). I do have to take a daily nap, though, which I never used to do, but I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying them.

Soon after I went on those walks to the park, I got really sick with a bad cold. My husband is always joking with me that when I get sick, he can't even tell... I just go about life as usual. But this time, it hit me hard. I was down for several days, and then it still took a long time to get my energy back. So that was when I started thinking I might be pregnant. Even then, though, I REALLY didn't think I was... I was shocked when I saw that the test was positive... but in a really good way. We couldn't be happier and are feeling so blessed. God is so good and his timing is perfect.

My blog had to take a back seat, though, but I'm hoping to have more time for it now. There are so many things I want to post. Since life is so crazy right now, this blog is probably going to focus less on shopping/good deals (I rarely go shopping or read blogs anymore it seems) for now and more on my family and our busy life in general.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails