Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I made these muffins last week and they were incredible! Definitely the best banana muffins I've ever had. I had some bananas in the freezer that I needed to use up, so I looked on allrecipes.com and found this recipe that was rated 4.78 out of 5 stars by 4562 people. I used whole wheat pastry flour instead of all-purpose flour and it worked great.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups (I did 12), or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
This recipe is linked to Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life As Mom.
Monday, March 30, 2009
We spent an hour there today, playing on the swings and the merry-go-round, and kicking the soccer ball around. After such a rainy weekend, we just soaked in the sun today. We also went for a 1/2 hour walk around the neighborhood there while my son rode his scooter. It was great for us all to spend some time together-- I was glad my hubby was able to join us today.
Here are a few pictures from our afternoon:
You can see more Menu Plan Monday posts over at Organizing Junkie.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Fed Ex Office- $10 Digital Photo Printing Gift Card here
Old Spice Body Wash- sample here
Pantene Pro-V Nature Fusion- sample here
Emergen-C Blue- sample here
Jergens Natural Glow lotion- sample here
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Seattle's Best (in Borders Bookstore)- buy one, get one free mocha or latte coupon here (expires 4/28/09)
Attune Probiotic Bar- free sample here
Build-A-Bear- print a coupon for $5 off any $10 animal purchase here --some are priced $10-$12 (expires 4/19/09)Cottonelle- tp and wipes free sample from Wal-mart here
Monday, March 23, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
- Join Cashbaq.com and get a $5 bonus for joining.
- While at cashbaq.com, click on "Entertainment Book". You will get $6 cashback on your purchase.
- Next to the 50% off coupon, click on "Use This Coupon"
- Enter your zipcode
- The price is 50% off, which is $12.50
- Click on "Buy the Book"
- Proceed to Checkout
- Check the Box "Send Me This Every Year" and you will get an extra $5 off. Here is what Deal Seeking Mom says about this: "I have used this option before, and you’ll receive a postcard in the mail so you can cancel if you don’t want it. It states that you may be charged the $5 back, but I was not and others have had the same experience. Even if you decide against this option, the $5 for registering with Cashbaq makes up for it!"
- Click "Continue"
- Enter billing info
- Standard Shipping is $2.79
You pay $10.29. You will get $11 put into your cashbaq account (they can either pay you by check or credit your Paypal account when you have at least $10 in your account. Just make sure you enter in your preferred method of payment under "My Account"). So you actually come out ahead $0.71. Not to mention your savings from USING your Entertainment Book!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Lysol Disinfectant Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner-- on sale for $0.99 in the discount bin (bought two)- What a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting this. But I was sure glad that I brought all my coupons with me, just in case!
Used two $0.50/1 coupon from Sunday paper & double coupons
*Total price: FREE
Free Dr. Pepper from coupon here
Health Valley Soups (bought 4)-- on sale for $1.67
Used printable coupons here & double coupons
*Total price: $0.68
Mentos gum (bought 2)-- $1.49
Used two $1.00/1 coupons from Sunday paper & double coupons
*Total price: FREE
Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks (bought 3)-- $1.00
Used three .50/1 coupons from Sunday paper & coupons from free samples, & double coupons
*Total price: FREE
Total Paid at Fred Meyer: $0.68
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Walgreens??? Here are all the deals I got this week. I actually made two transactions because it turns out "my" Walgreens doesn't refill ink. So I had to go to a different Walgreens store for that. But I was able to take advantage of several of the deals twice by doing two transactions.
3 Ink Cartridge Refills (two color & one black)-- $5 each with printable coupon.
Also used buy one, get one free in-ad coupon (now I can print more coupons! lol)
*Total price: $10.00 for 3 refills
Ritz Crackers-- Buy 1 at 1.99, Get 1 Free
Used 3 $2/2 coupons from Sunday paper
*Total price: Six boxes for FREE
Buy 1 Colgate Toothpaste at $3.29,
Get back $3.50 Register Rewards (made two separate purchases)
*Total price: Two tubes for FREE plus $.42 in overage
Fiber One snack bars-- $1.99
Used two $1.35/1 printable coupon
*Total price: $1.28 for 2 boxes
Sambucol Homeopathic Cold & Flu Relief-- $11.99
Used $10/1 coupon from EasySaver catalog
Used $4/1 printable coupon
*Total price: FREE plus $2.01 in overage
So I spent $23.83. I received $7.00 back in Register Rewards for the next time I shop, and I will get back $13.98 from both Ensure rebates, which brings my total to $2.85.
Safeway & Albertson's
Safeway had a $10 off coupon, if you spend $50. I used one for their meat sale-- Beef roasts were $1.89 per pound. After the $10 off coupon, it came out to about $1.55 per pound. We slice them up and use them for steaks-- hubby's a meat & potatoes man. I also discovered that Albertson's will take ANY coupon from ANY store, except clothing stores. They even take Rite Aid coupons. So I used another one of Safeway's $10 off $50 coupon at Albertson's & stocked up on their 85% ground beef, which was $1.99 per pound. After the $10 off coupon, this came out to $1.60 per pound!
3 free bottles of soda (Safeway coupons)
Smart Start cereal (free after rebate here)
All-Bran cereal (free after rebate here)
Free Cascade Rinse Agent (coupon from Home Made Simple booklet)
Free Total cereal sample (from mailbox)
Free Tide detergent (from mailbox)
Coupon for Free Dr. Pepper (from mailbox)
Two Free Quiznos Sandwiches (last week's promotion)
Free Birthday Meal at Red Robin
Free Birthday Ice Cream at Cold Stone Creamery
Two free tacos at Jack In The Box (last week's promotion)