Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Booking It...


Since reading books is something I really enjoy doing, I decided to join Life As Mom in her quest to read more in 2010. I'm more into the non-fiction books and rarely read anything fiction. The categories I like to read have to do with my relationship with God & others, family life, home management, money management, and probably a million other topics. I guess it just depends on what I'm interested in at the moment.

I have a good supply of books at home that have been given to me, and I also check out books from the public library as well as our church library. I rarely ever buy any books, but I am hoping to buy a few Dave Ramsey books this year.


On the sidebar is a list with links to all the books I've read so far this year. I'll hopefully be adding lots more to that list.
Here are the books that I've read so far. All three were really great books, by the way.


A Cup of Hope (Resting in the Promise of God's Faithfulness) by Emilie Barnes..... This was a really encouraging book by one of my favorite authors, packed with scripture and quotes. Great for when you have anything heavy weighing on your heart and you just need to be reminded of God's promises and faithfulness. It can help lighten your load and get your focus back on where it should be, trusting the Lord, instead of spending your time worrying about things that are beyond your control & feeling like things are hopeless. God does keep His promises. We can rest in that.

Who Got Peanut Butter on My Daily Planner? (Organizing and LOVING Your Days as a Mom) by Cindy Sigler Dagnan..... I love to organize things, but sometimes organizing my day can be a bit overwhelming to me. It can be hard to figure out what to do first when you're being pulled in so many directions. This book is filled with ideas on ways to organize your home & maximize your day in order to get the most out of your time with your family, but was also a good reminder of why I have chosen to stay home with my children in the first place.

Living Well on One Income (In a Two-Income World) by Cynthia Yates..... Yet another book on organizing your life, but also packed with tips on money management, ideas to save money, using up what you have, and taking care of what you plan to keep. I enjoy the author's humor sprinkled throughout the book.

At this point, I'm not planning out what I'm reading in advance. I usually just pick out a book that deals with a topic that's on my mind at the time.


What about you? What good books have you read lately?

2 comments:

FishMama said...

These all sound really good. Did you have a favorite?

The Frugal Family Manager said...

Hi FishMama! I love your blog, by the way.

I would definitely have to say "A Cup of Hope" was my favorite. The many scriptures throughout really helped me to remember that there is so much in God's Word that can give us hope when we're going through a rough time. It's a book that I own & one that I plan to read again at some point.

Thanks for asking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails