Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where Have I Been??

Good question. The last six months, I haven't posted a single thing on this blog, have I? What have I been doing? Well, for one, I've been busy enjoying this little guy...

Except now he looks more like this...

Isn't he a cutie? He just turned three months old and I can hardly believe it. I've also been trying to keep up with these two as well...
This boy is like the energizer bunny that just keeps on going.

And this one never runs out of things to say. But they are all a joy in my life, and I am enjoying being their mom.

We've also had some struggles, the scariest being that when my little guy was two weeks old, he was life-flighted to a children's hospital with a bacterial infection. We had very little warning that he was sick and several times, he stopped breathing. I cried almost that entire day... it was definitely the worst day of my life. He spent six days there over Thanksgiving weekend & we are so thankful the Lord healed him and he has made a full recovery.

I have a few friends who have lost their unborn babies recently, & my heart goes out to them, making me even more thankful for my family. Things certainly could have turned out much differently that day.

The other thing we've been dealing with is that my husband has spent the past three years building an amazing 3000 square foot home, doing a lot of the work himself. He finished in October, a month before the baby came, so we've been living in the house for about four months now. In the next few weeks, though, we will be putting this house on the market.

When we first started building, we thought we would live here for a few years before selling it & then build again, but that was before the wonderful housing market crashed in 2008. With this economy, my husband's ongoing health issues, and his current unemployment, we have decided to sell our home and move on.

It is a bittersweet time, but we are looking forward to what God has in store for our family. We only want His best and it has been made quite obvious that it isn't for us to stay in this house. Hopefully, our house will sell quickly and we will be able to find a new place to call home for these busy boys.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails