1. I am a night owl. I rarely go to bed before 1:00am.
2. I was a first chair violinist for two years in high school.
3. I worked at a Christian camp for six summers when I was a teenager and only came home on the weekends. It was a blast and those are some of my best memories growing up.
4. I've never had alcohol before in my life.... ever. I don't care to either.
5. I love roller coasters and water slides.
6. I grew up out in the country on 28 acres. We had sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, cats, dogs, fish, gerbils, and even a couple of peacocks who hung around our property for a while. It was a great experience.
7. I was a long-distance runner in high school. I loved it, and we had a really great coach. We made it to state my senior year, but unfortunately, we didn't win.
8. I like to organize everything I get my hands on, and I love storage containers, oh and labels, too.
9. My husband showed up on our first date in a brand new car. We had that car for nine years.
10. I had never been camping until I met my husband, and our first camping trip was a week long. His family had a boat, so we went tubing and water-skiing all week!
11. When my first son was between 3-6 months, we went on six different camping trips that summer. And all of them were tent-camping.
12. I love all-you-can-eat buffets.
13. I enjoy listening to others talk and learning from their experiences, but I don't generally have as much to say, myself.
14. In high school, my family went on a month-long trip, driving through 19 states in our station wagon. I still like where I live the best. My least favorite state was Idaho.
15. It took me forever to learn how to drive a stick-shift, and I failed my driving test on my first try.
16. My poor husband had to propose to me twice. I actually said no the first time (well, I said yes, then a week later, I decided I wasn't ready)!! I'm so glad he waited for me. We just celebrated our 12th anniversary, and he is a wonderful man.
17. I don't like to iron. When we first got married, my hubby did all the ironing... now we don't even bother.
18. I love my digital camera and take like a gazillion pictures. Especially of my boys.
19. I enjoy reading People magazine and get excited when there's a new issue at the library.
20. I got braces in 4th grade and had never met anyone with braces before that.
21. My husband and I have zero interest in watching sports. We rarely even know who's playing. I love that about him.
22. I love my Sunday afternoon naps.
23. I am thankful for my wonderful group of homeschooling friends. They are such a blessing to me.
24. I miss my sister and wish she lived closer. And I wish she would hurry up and have children so my boys can have cousins!
25. I used to be addicted to scrapbooking... then it was gardening... now I'm addicted to facebook and blogging!
I'm a Christian stay at home mom to my three boys & a baby girl, trying to balance family life, homeschooling, and all the little things that go along with caring for my family and my home, while serving the Lord.
I don't want to be a tightwad or a spendthrift. I want to be smart. I want to celebrate life, to surround myself with beauty, and to be content in whatever state I am in. I want to manage my finances, to organize my routine, and to use my possessions wisely. I want to budget resources and time, to help others, and to bring glory to God. --- by Cynthia Yates