Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bookin' It in 2010: The March Update


I only read one book this past month. Here it is:

Refreshing Hope in God
(A Mother's Journey of Joy and Pain) by Judy Dippel..... I'm glad I read this book, but it was a hard one to get through. The author's two kids are grown now, but she talks about some of the difficult things her kids went through during their teen years, and how it affected her as a mother.

It made me appreciate my mom so much more because of some of the things I put her through as a teenager. It also made me think about what things might be like in a few years if my son doesn't stay close to the Lord. Judy's kids grew up in a Christian home and ended up turning their backs on God for a number of years before eventually coming back to Him.

It reminded me that this can happen to good kids sometimes, regardless of how they're brought up, and we really need to be in prayer over our children's futures, that their hearts will stay close to the Lord and that they will make good choices as they grow older and become more independent.

Like I said, I'm glad I read this book-- it was good for me to think about these things-- but I think I'll read something a little more lighthearted next.

To see what others have been reading, visit
Life As Mom.

1 comment:

FishMama said...

Sounds like a really interesting book! I don't like remembering who I was, though. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails