Sunday, March 7, 2010

Computer Back-ups & Free Photo Books

Today I backed up my computer. Every time I back it up, I write the date on my log sheet so I can keep track. Although my goal is to do this at least monthly, I only tend to back up my computer about every 3 months. I need to get better at this, especially with a newborn who changes so quickly. I would be devastated if I lost 3 months of photos of this little guy.


We have an external hard drive, so I just copy the newer folders over to that drive. It's so easy, really. I don't know why I don't stay more on top of that. But I am going to try harder this year.

Another thing I'm doing this month is taking advantage of some of the free photo book offers online. I made one a few years ago & was really happy with the results. Since there are so many offers, I'm going to make one for each of my boys, plus a family album. I think it's important to have that hard copy of my favorite photos.

Here are a couple of links to the free photo books that I've come across lately from
Money Saving Mom's website: MoneySavingMethods tells how you can get a free 20-page photo book from Picaboo for free (plus $3.99 shipping). Offer expires 3-31-10.

Big J has also been wanting to do some scrapbooking lately, so I'm going to take advantage of
Kodak's 100 free prints (+ $1.99 shipping) offer to give him a nice stash of photos for his scrapbook. Hurry, this one expires 3-11-10.

For more free offers,
Money Saving Methods has lots of links to other websites you can get prints for free (plus shipping). Have you backed up your computer recently?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails