Monday, March 8, 2010

Oven Parmesan Chicken Breasts

I try not to use packaged mixes very often. I'd rather make up my own instead. It not only saves money, but is also healthier since I know exactly what's going into it and there are no unnecessary ingredients. This is my family's favorite recipe for breaded chicken breasts. I like to serve it with brown rice and a fresh salad.


Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I use chicken tenders)
2 tbs melted butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Directions:
Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Dip chicken in butter. Coat with combined remaining ingredients. Place in prepared pan. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Makes 6 servings.

For more great recipes, visit:

8 comments:

Shanade said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. I've been looking for a good breaded chicken recipe and I think I actually have everything. I just might have to try this for dinner tonight.

The Frugal Family Manager said...

Yes, that's another thing about this recipe...... it's made up of things you normally have on hand anyway.

shopannies said...

we love chicken strips i love this recipe

Pam Ponder said...

yummy I love chicken, and I have all this at home I will be trying it out thanks

Olivia said...

Yum! That looks great!

Judy said...

I'm saving this recipe to try out whenever I get some more chicken breast on a great sale! Sounds delicious!

Upstatemomof3 said...

They look excellent. I may just have to give those a try. I'm not in love with my current breaded chicken recipe.

MrsJenB said...

I heartily agree - I'd much rather be using a homemade recipe than something from a box. It IS much cheaper, you get to control what's in it, AND you can use what you have laying around that might be on the verge of going stale (which I just did tonight). There's something really satisfying in that for me!

Thank you for sharing, and I'm glad I found you on Foodie Friday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails