Saturday, March 13, 2010

Where We Do School

This is where we do school. It's part of our family/bonus room. Next to my desk is my son's desk. It's nice to have him right there if he has a question. Sometimes he likes to sit on the couch, though. We also do all of our read-alouds together on the couch.


This little area is the dormer. It's where we keep all the school supplies and books, and whatever else we need. It's sort of a room within a room. The bookshelf isn't as organized as I would like it to be, but it's working for now. I only keep books on it that we're using this year. We have several bookshelves in another room full of all our other books. It helps me to keep them separate so I don't get overwhelmed or sidetracked.


There's also a world map and lots of storage containers. I love storage containers. I've been reading about using workboxes for homeschooling lately & am still getting mine set up & figuring it out. I really like the idea & am hoping it will work out for us. We also keep all the arts & crafts supplies in the drawers so that everything we need is right there.....


..... so that Big J can get busy creating his next masterpiece.


For glimpses into other blogger's homes, check out Chatting at the Sky's linky post here.

This post is also linking up to:
Not Back to School Blog Hop

9 comments:

Emily said...

what a great space! i love big maps and all of that organization

thanks for linking up!

Denise said...

What a cute room~ love it! I am now following your blog and look forward to reading more!

Julie said...

Love dormers in a home...so cozy! Have a great year!

Sheri said...

Well I love talking workboxing-even have a blog just for em...
http://ideas4theworkbox.blogspot.com

Looks like a nice area to do the schooling. Best wishes for the workbox addition and you'll get it tweaked to suit your fam...it just takes a bit of time.

Have fun!

MissMOE said...

Such a great space. I've seen quite a few of the plastic bin drawers posted for school rooms. I think I might look into getting those for the closet we have downstairs. Thanks for sharing your space.

Lynn said...

I love your space!! I hope you have a great school year.

~Lynn

Laryssa Herbert said...

What a lovely school room!

rawbanana said...

Great space! We are bit the opposite of you-had 4 GIRLS and then a BOY! I dont know how you did it having boys first, he is like 24 kids all rolled into one! Just thinking about him wears me out! =) Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

Your room looks great! I like the little nook that the dormer provides! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails