Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Broccoli Salad


I've brought this broccoli salad to lots of potlucks. I usually mix up the main ingredients the night before, then add the dressing the next morning, and chill for at least 4 hours. But you could probably just make it all the same day with good results too, if you were short on time. The amounts can also be adjusted according to your own tastes or whatever you have on hand.

Salad Ingredients:
8 slices bacon
4 cups broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup sweet red onion, chopped
1 cup raisins
1 cup sunflower seeds

Dressing Ingredients:
3 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tbs sugar
1 cup mayo

1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, bacon, onion, raisins & sunflower seeds. Refrigerate overnight.

3. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar & mayo. Pour over broccoli mixture, and toss until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

This post is linking up to:
Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap
Foodie Friday
The Ultimate Recipe Swap.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Broccoli and bacon sounds like a really yummy combo! Gonna try it!

Brenda De Sousa said...

I used to make a broccoli salad very very similar to this one and I lost the recipe unfortunately. Thank you so much for posting this, I can't wait to make it again!

zentmrs said...

This looks tasty - I hope I get broccoli in my CSA box this week! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails