Monday, July 26, 2010

Cheesy Beef & Potato Bake


My family really enjoys these potatoes. It was a Taste of Home recipe that I used to serve with meatloaf. Eventually, we ditched the meatloaf & now just add ground beef right on top, and my family likes it better that way. I like to use the Yukon gold or yellow potatoes.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef

4 large unpeeled potatoes

1/4 cup butter
1-2 tbs diced onion
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp dried parsley

Directions:
Cook ground beef & drain. Thinly slice the potatoes & place in a greased shallow 2-qt baking dish. Add ground beef on top. In a small saucepan, heat butter, onion, salt, thyme & pepper until the butter is melted. Drizzle over potatoes. Cover & bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender. Sprinkler with cheese & parsley. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until the cheese melts. Yield: 4-6 servings.

This recipe is linking up with: 5 Dollar Dinners, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Two For Tuesdays, New Nostalgia, Tuesdays @ the Table, Delicious Dishes, Grocery Cart Challenge, Foodie Friday, and Slightly Indulgent Tuesday.

17 comments:

21st Century Housewife© said...

What a great casserole recipe - it sounds absolutely delicious!

Country Gal said...

I love Taste of Home! This looks so good! My meat and potatoes family will love it! I've got you bookmarked!

SnoWhite said...

My Father-in-Law would love this. Thanks.

girlichef said...

Yum! This sounds really good. thanks so much for sharing it with Two for Tuesdays this week =)

Butterpoweredbike said...

Such a brilliant idea to put the burger on top, so much easier, and guaranteed to please a family. Thank you for sharing at Two for Tuesday.

the clark clan said...

Hi shanna and welcome to the two for tuesday recipe blog hop! I am following you and grabbed your rss feed! I adore your recipe as it reminds me a bit of nachos, but beef and potatoes with a whole new twist! Thanks for sharing the real food love and I look forward to getting to know you better through your blog posts! :) alex@amoderatelife

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I'm a stir it all up and throw it all together kinda gal too! So often I'll plate something pretty, take a pictue of it and then stir it all up! Not so pretty but tastes delicious! This sounds simple and GOOD!

Brenda said...

That looks very yummy. I like the yukon gold potatoes as well.

Kim said...

Gotta love those Taste of Home recipes. This looks terrific.

Bonnie said...

This reminds me of shepard's pie without the cream. Look's so good.

amanda said...

I think this would be a hit with the kids. Thanks for sharing!

zentmrs said...

This looks like a tasty comfort meal. Thanks for sharing!

Christy said...

I am a huge Taste of Homes fan! I love how you changed it to better serve your family - and made it easier too. Thanks for linking to Two for Tuesdays.

Beth said...

Great way to adapt this potato dish. I can see adding fresh tomatoes and sour cream before eating. It sounds like a perfect staple dinner idea. Thanks so much for sharing.

Its A Blog Party said...

Sounds great!
Thanks for linking up!
~Liz

marriog lesser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
marriog lesser said...

This sounds really great!!! It's too yummy, But I would like to say one thing that,Use coupons for shopping,food etc.It is the best &
smartest way to save money!!!

Texas Roadhouse Coupons

Related Posts with Thumbnails