Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Have a Daughter!


Yesterday morning, I had my ultrasound. It was a very emotional morning for me. With 3 boys already, we had decided this would be our last baby. This also meant it was our last chance for a girl. I was prepared for either outcome since, although I would have loved to have a girl, boys are what I know & what I'm comfortable with. And besides, I can't seem to get enough of that cute, smiley, kissable baby boy that I already have. So I knew, of course, that I would be happy either way.

However, until that point, I really thought it was going to be another boy, so when I heard it was a girl, the tears just started streaming. I was surprised by the emotion that came over me. I never realized just how much I wanted a girl until the ultrasound tech said those words. No longer was it just "a girl", it was my daughter. We have a daughter! WOW. I think it's going to take a while before that one sinks in.

I even asked her if she could please be VERY sure because I have 3 boys... lol... so she checked several times... Yep, it's a GIRL! And everything looked great... the baby is healthy. Praise God! My due date is December 5th, but will most likely be a little early with a c-section.

This post is linked to Finer Things Friday, Gratituesday, I'm Lovin' It Fridays, & Chatting At The Sky.


16 comments:

Stacy @ Delighting in the Days said...

Congratulations to you! You will love having a girl. They are great :)

I just noticed the pics of your boys in the sidebar. Are their ages current? If so, we have 2 kids the same age...I have a 9 year old and 8 month old (also a 5 year old in the middle).

I'm visiting from Finer Things Friday...

The Frugal Family Manager said...

Thank you! Yes, those are their current ages. There's a big gap in between the older two, but then it's boom, boom, boom, three in a row. lol

Thanks for stopping by!

cooperl788 said...

Congrats!! Little girls are lots of fun! And it looks like she'll have 3 older brothers to look out for her! Stopping by from Follow Me Chickadee. I'm your newest follower! Come check out my blog if you get a chance :)

http://gruneisenfamily.blogspot.com

Cakeblast said...

Wow, Congratulations! Now you can balance out some of the testosterone in your family lol - I love the pics on your site - will have to check out more articles later. I am a new follower from Follow Me Chickadee! http://cakeblast.com

Spoiled...but Not Rotten said...

Congrats on finally getting a girl! You will have a great time shopping for cute little girl outfits!!! I found your blog through Mama to 3 Blessings Blog Hop. I hope you have a great weekend! You have a new follower!

PACountryMouse said...

Awww! Congratulations on your precious girl! I am due Sept 19th with our first girl after having two boys. It's such a blessing! Have fun shopping for all the girlie stuff! It's so much fun for us so far!

Found your blog through Friendship Friday. Can't wait to read more from you!

http://followingherfootsteps.blogspot.com/

Shining 2 Save said...

Congrats! I have two boys, I'm hoping when I have my next it will be a girl.

I am your newest follower from friendship friday! hope you have a great day!

Kari @
http://shining2save.blogspot.com

Jacquelin said...

Congratulations!!! I have 5 daughters and girls are so much fun!!! Stopping by from Amy's Finer things.

http://astablebeginning.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

Hi,

I'm your newest follower from Chickadee Friday :)

Congratulations on your daughter!! I love my son, but I'd love a girl someday too.

-Victoria
http://www.adventuresinmommyhood.net/2010/07/friday-blog-hops.html

Amy Walker said...

Congratulations! What a lovely blog! I'm about to be your newest follower from New Friend Friday!
Amy
www.thecheapandchoosy.com

Amanda DeFelice said...

thats so awesome that you are having a daughter!!
I'm your newest follower from Fun Friday Follow & Weekend Comment Club!

Joy said...

Congratulations! What a unexpected gift to unwrap today! Little girls and little boys are both precious, and it's wonderful to have both. :) I have two boys and two girls (though one of my girls is with Jesus already), and having both is fantastic.

Martianne said...

Congratulations and be blessed. God always blesses us when we are open to children. He certainly surprised us when I got pregnant with our unexpected third, who is such a sweet, sweet baby in my arms now...

Traci Michele said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting! Congrats!

http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/07/colors-of-life.html

21st Century Housewife© said...

Congratulations and very best wishes!!

Cath said...

Awww Congrats to you and your family - watch out boys!! My BF just had twin girls during the week so I am feeling very girly and clucky once again!!! Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails