Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Homemade Ice Cream


My son has been having a friend over a few nights this week for a sleepover, so I decided to make some homemade ice cream & let them make sundaes. I tried a new recipe & it was really good. It was one I had cut out of the newspaper long ago. Here it is!

Ingredients:
3 tbs cornstarch
6 cups whole milk
2 2/3 cups sugar
4 eggs
3/4 tsp salt
1 12-oz can evaporated milk
1 pint whipping cream
3 1/2 tbs pure vanilla extract

Directions:

Mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup milk. Add 1 1/2 cups milk and cook in double boiler or large pot until thick and smooth, beating constantly to avoid lumps.

Blend sugar, eggs, salt and evaporated milk with electric mixer. Add whipping cream, remaining milk and vanilla extract. Pour into freezer and crank.

I like to make my ice cream either early in the morning or the day before, that way it's not as soft. Enjoy!

This post is linking up with:
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Tuesdays At the Table

2 comments:

Jen@born2impress said...

Hi there.
I am your newest FFF. Friend.
Please stop by and say HI:)

Brenda said...

Homemade ice cream is so delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails