Tuesday, August 3, 2010

You Know You're Probably Nesting When...

... you realize at 2am on a Saturday morning that you just can't live with your stove being dirty for one more minute. So you decide to clean it. At 2am on a Saturday morning. Then you continue on with the rest of the kitchen.


Yep, that's how I started my weekend. Pulled the burners out, lifted the top, and started scrubbing away. I had been needing to do some deep-cleaning around here. This rental just wasn't up to our standards when we moved in, and although I did do some deep-cleaning at the time, I just didn't have the energy during my first trimester to do it all. So this weekend, I decided to not put it off any longer, and I got quite a lot done, actually. Yeah, I know I'm weird. But when you hate cleaning, and all of a sudden, you actually feel up to it, you just go with it.


I'm starting to think about the school year, and there are some things that I'd like to get behind me so we can have a successful year and I can focus better. One is cleaning, the other is decorating. I don't really enjoy either one. But I'd like to be able to feel comfortable having people over & having those two things done would certainly help. Plus it's really helping this place feel more like home. My mom said it would.


The past few weeks, she's been helping me decorate & we're getting close to being done. Most of the rooms have picture frames up now. Do you know just how long it takes to hang a series of 3 pictures on the wall & have it turn out right? Good thing I have my mom to come help me since I'm clueless in that department, otherwise this place might have always looked like we just moved in (& we've been here 3 months already!). Now I just need to get some pictures printed up to put in those frames. So that is my project this week. I'm also planning to get portraits done of the boys, since it's about time for that too.

This post is linking up to:

6 comments:

Rebeca said...

We've lived here five years and there are still lots of bare walls... I guess decorating isn't my thing either. :>

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

I totally agree...just go with it! The stove can be a big job, so it's great that you have that done. I'm sure you'll have bursts of motivation for anything else that comes along, too:)

PACountryMouse said...

Haha! That's awesome! I do stuff like that all the time too. You are NOT alone!

Marianne said...

Way to go. Sometimes you just got to do it when the will to do it is there. I get urges like that every once in a while too even though I am not pregnant anymore. As for cleaning and decorating. I don't really enjoy it, but I don't hate it either. I just don't know how to do it on a small budget though. Don't wear yourself out now.

Hootiebee said...

I am blog hopping today and I am your newest follower! I hope you can come visit at www.hootiebee.blogspot.com

Amy Bowman said...

I was up at 2:00 am and did nothing but sit and stare at facebook! lol. way to get it done!!! thanks for linking up to "AP Tuesdays" hope to see you again tomorrow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails