Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bacon Water Chestnut Rolls

A few weeks ago when the Oregon Ducks played in the national championships, I made these for my husband to bring to his football party. They were a big hit, so I thought I'd share the recipe. I found it on allrecipes.com but made a few changes. I also like to make my own chili sauce rather than buying it, so the recipe for that is below too. Enjoy!


Bacon Water Chestnut Rolls

Ingredients:
2 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, whole
1 pound sliced bacon, cut in half
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup tomato-based chili sauce (recipe below)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Wrap each water chestnut with a piece of bacon. Poke with a toothpick to hold together & place the rolls seam-side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish.

3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until bacon is crisp & cooked through. Drain off the grease.

4. In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, brown sugar, & chili sauce; pour over the bacon-chestnut rolls. Return to the oven & bake for another 25-30 minutes.

To make homemade chili sauce:
Stir 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 2 tbs brown sugar, 1 tbs vinegar, and 1/8 tsp allspice together in a mixing bowl until thoroughly blended.

This post is linked up to: Tuesdays At The Table

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails