Monday, September 5, 2011

A Brand New Year

Tomorrow we start back with homeschooling after a super fun yet relaxing summer. We really didn't do anything big other than a couple of camping trips. Mostly, we just spent time with our kids doing some fun things around town or here at home, which was perfect, considering the little ones are 3, almost 2, and 9 months.


My oldest son will be a 5th-grader this year. Is it weird that I'm almost giddy about starting school tomorrow? Mostly, I'm excited about what we'll be studying this year (the 50 states) & I've been having way too much fun the past few weeks getting it all put together. Hope he feels the same way. lol

I remember learning about the 50 states when I was in 5th grade, and especially memorizing the names of all 50 states. In alphabetical order. And I can still say it today! In less than 22 seconds. Yep, I just timed myself. LOL

Not only that, but I've enjoyed getting all the books & supplies organized. The other day, I actually had 96 books on hold at the library! Whew! I think that's a record for us. No, we're not reading all of those this month. I was actually just previewing books for the year. My 10-yr old does like to read a lot, but not that much!

We rounded up all the supplies from every corner of the house. Tried out all the pens. Threw out the duds. Sharpened all the pencils. Everything is labeled. Yep, we're ready to go!

I COULD tell you about our curriculum we're using this year & all the fun ideas I have planned. Or show you what our school area looks like for the coming year, but I think I'll save those posts for another time. I'd better get to bed, we've got a big day tomorrow!

I WILL leave you with a few more pictures from our summer, though.

1 comment:

Rebeca said...

Hope it's a great year! Nice to see you yesterday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails